Every concussion is different and recovery times vary. However, the potential benefits of incorporating the Bowen Concussion Protocol into your clients concussion management program include:
Reduced Recovery Time:
- Bowen Therapy aims to assist recovery by increasing blood flow, reducing inflammation, and supporting the body’s healing response.
- Bowen may assist in effective concussion recovery, facilitating a successful and timely return to school, work and the field.
- Concussion often results in symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, cognitive difficulties and sleep disturbances. Bowen Therapy has been reported to provide relief from these symptoms, helping people regain their cognitive abilities and overall functionality (read more via this link to the Craig Mattimoe study)
- By addressing both the physical and neurological aspects of concussion, Bowen Therapy provides a comprehensive and holistic approach to concussion management.
Non-Invasive and Safe:
- Bowen Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive technique that poses no risk of adverse effects.
- Bowen therapy complements existing medical treatments, making it a safe and valuable addition to existing concussion management strategies. We recommend refraining from other bodywork while receiving Bowen to maximise its full effect.
The BAA and BTNZ call to our members:
- It’s time to acknowledge the work of Craig, Jenna, Brynn and Matt and the Bowen Concussion Protocol
- It’s time for us to band together with this knowledge to help people with concussion
- It’s time for us to build a body of data that will ultimately help people from around the world to play safe and stay safe in sport.
- We can make a difference.. we know it.. let the stats show it.
Ways you can be involved
- Watch the Webinar Series Here
- Complete the Continuing education and become a Bowen Concussion Protocol Practitioner
- Join our study Via the Members area Here
- Download a brochure and share it with friends and family